- 💜 For Inspiring Figures this month, I spoke to my friend Georgie Cooke about blogging, tech, health and more! Our conversation reminded me of why I love blogging so much as well as why I prioritise my health. 😊 You can check out our full conversation on YouTube or read the write-up here.
- 📝 On the blog, I wrote about my new podcast, my favourite tech tools, a reflection on Pawlean and the fourth annual instalment to my health and fitness post.
- 🎙 I launched my podcast, “a podcast by Pawlean” this month! I’ve released 3 episodes on an intro to the podcast, growing from break-ups and my health and wellness journey. So far, it’s been downloaded and streamed over 250+ times!
- 🏡 I’ve been home in Sheffield for a whole month, but I have missed Matt and my plants
- 🏔 We went to the Peak District which was wonderful!
- 🎮 I revived some old hobbies (with a new, healthier approach) and felt reconnected with my siblings
- 🏋🏻♀️ My dad’s home gym has been so refreshing to use – I finally got my hands on a barbell!
- 🎉 I need this bank holiday weekend
- ☹️ I’ve suffered from bad migraines and headaches and discomfort in my chest this month, I think I might’ve pushed myself too hard with work. I’ve been terrible at taking breaks, something I need to get better at.
- 💪🏼 Featured in Womanthology’s latest tech issue
- 🎓 Contributed to The University of Sheffield’s 2020 graduation celebration, it was an honour to be included as an alumni
- 🙅🏻♀️ I turned off DMs on Twitter this month because one of my tweets accidentally blew up – I have to say, it’s the best thing I’ve done in a while.
- 💜 Caught up virtually with my old colleagues from my placement year, it was so wonderful!
- 🙌🏻 More self-development awareness and learning about myself recently which has been fantastic for building up my career direction
- 👩🏻💻 Well into my permie, non-grad job now!
3 Things that made me happy
1) Finally releasing my podcast
I’ve had this idea of creating my own podcast for a while now… But I’ve never really taken the leap! I always had excuses before starting. After re-watching some Inspiring Figures, I was left inspired to just do it so I sat down and just recorded a few episodes. Now we have…a podcast by Pawlean!
A lot of folks have said that I should call it “Pawdcast” 😂 Although this was on the table, I wanted to keep it consistent with my “x by Pawlean” thing going on. I guess I could also have a second name which can be Pawdcast 🤷🏻♀️
Since launching, I’ve been overwhelmed by the feedback and support that I’ve recieved from people that have tuned in. It’s so wonderful that what I’ve said has had somewhat of a positive impact and added value. It means a lot! 😊
2) Being at home for a month
Back in my July post, I said that I would be at home for a week… Well, that turned into a month. 😂 It has been lovely and comforting to be with my family again and not to be worrying about all the adult stuff that I usually think about like cooking! WFH has had it’s benefits and being with my family for a long period of time to combat homesickness has had to be one of them.
3) Hitting another year of focusing on health
It’s been 4 years since I started prioritising self-care and implementing it solidly into my routine, I’m proud of how I’ve made it a lifelong (hopefully) habit now. 😊
August in Photos
- 🎬 My family and I have been having little movie nights since I’ve been home. We watch Coco, Monsters Inc, Aladdin and Moana. There was a lot of singing!
- 🎮 I’ve got back into gaming. I’ve played some fun games with my siblings on my old Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, Wii and even Nintendo DS. 😂
- 🎬 + 🎧 I’ve been watching and listening to Hamilton again and again. I don’t think this is a phase. 😂
Quote of the month
- 🕹 I took the leap and bought a Nintendo Switch that is arriving next month! I’m so excited to play on it (mostly Animal Crossing) and actually relax my brain after work. Let me know if you play it!
- 👩🏻💻 More heads-down work and learning! I’ll hopefully get a reflection post to finish off my BT Graduate Scheme series next month. It would be great to spend some time reflecting. 😊
- 👗 Lots more to declutter in my wardrobe! After spending a month in Sheffield with less stuff, I realised that I can live without a lot of stuff that I do have. Another session decluttering and I can’t wait!!