My favourite month of the year – June.
- 🌴 Travelling around the beautiful Greek Islands and managing to avoid the British rain – more on this in my next blog post~
- 💙 Fully taking time to relax and disconnect
- 💸 Hitting my first career milestone
- 🎂 Turning 23 – thank you for all the love, y’all! Who says that nobody likes you when you’re 23? 😉
- 🏠 Moving into our new apartment!
- 💁🏻♀️ Finally getting my much-needed hair treatment and re-bonding
Got my hair did. Feeling so fab 💇🏻♀️— Pauline P. Narvas (@paulienuh) June 22, 2019
I can’t recommend J Plus Studios in Sheffield enough! I’ve been going to Jing to get my hair cared for, for over 4 years now. Today I got my hair rebonded, treated and cut ✨ pic.twitter.com/JfrGmyx99a
- ✨ Speaking at DWP Digital’s Digital Voices event. It was my first remote talk which was such an experience! Thoroughly enjoyed it.
- 🎤 Confirming some more speaking gigs
3 Things I’m Happy About
1️⃣ Packing Light
With every trip we’ve taken so far this year, I’ve managed to pack lighter and lighter. Progress! The last two trips in particular have shown me the power of light travel. Travelling is already quite a stressful experience, so having fewer things (literally) to worry about has helped me actually enjoy my holiday.
Less time packing, more mobile in busy streets and transport, less stress = happier days
Our taxi driver last night was running a little late. Once he finally got to the airport to pick us up, he took one look at us and said, “ah that’s why you were so quick! Literally no bags!”— Pauline P. Narvas (@paulienuh) June 20, 2019
Travel light y’all. ⚡️ https://t.co/ka8XSnXvYL
Props to Matt for inspiring this change in me for life, not just on the road!
2️⃣ Our new apartment
After stressing out about not finding an apartment that suited our requirements for a while, we finally secured one and are actually in the moving process right now!
Matt will tell you that from the moment we viewed it, I knew it was the one. 😂 Floor to ceiling windows, wooden floors, white walls and a minimalist design… I was practically signing the papers whilst we were in there.
This is our second place together, and officially one whole year since I moved out of my parents’ house to live independently in Leeds! Progress numero 2. 🎉
3️⃣ Growing as a traveller
In addition to packing lighter which has contributed to happier, more fulfilling trips… I feel like I have grown a lot as a traveller.
Little things that used to stress me out to the max such as getting on the wrong transport haven’t bothered me as much. I’ve shifted my mindset to a positive one that looks to opportunity rather than omg-this-has-ruined-our-trip mentality. It’s taken a lot of trips to get me to this calmer state, it’s true that experience builds up confidence. ✨
Progress the third. Woohoo!
June in Photos
Favourites this Month
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating as if Your Life Depended on It by Chris Voss
- Judgement Detox: Release the Beliefs That Hold You Back from Living a Better Life by Gabrielle Bernstein
- The 4 Pillar Plan: How to Relax, Eat, Move and Sleep Your Way to a Longer, Healthier Life by by Dr Rangan Chatterjee (currently reading)
💖 Putting on my face
- Fushi’s Camellia Oil – I’ve been using this as part of my evening skin routine, my skin no longer feels dry and scarring has faded. (Thanks for the recommendation and the gift, Jess!)
- Glossier’s Boy Brow and Brow Flick – my new favourite eyebrow filler.
- Tiny House Nation – If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you might know that Tiny Houses are my new obsession. I’ve got so many ideas for a tiny house 😍 Could you live in one?
- How to live mortgage free with Sarah Beeny – Yes, there’s a theme here. 😂
- Always Be My Maybe
- Murder Mystery – Jennifer Anniston is my bias for life, I pretty much watch anything she’s in 😆
- I recently stumbled upon Shelley Darlington on YouTube. I don’t usually recommend YouTube videos or YouTubers in general, but I have enjoyed Shelley’s fitness content recently! If there’s one video you should watch, let it be: THE TRUTH ABOUT THE FITNESS INDUSTRY.
🎧 Listening to
Thought of the month
- 📈 The first week of July I’m away for a leadership training week as part of my graduate scheme. I’ve been looking forward to it for a while now, so looking forward to what is in store!
- 👭 Because of all my recent travels and how busy I’ve been, I haven’t been able to catch-up with friends in a while. I’m making it a priority this month, most of my weekends I’m going to catch-up with my favourite humans including my blogging friends, Holly and Amy. 😊
- 💪🏼 I will be focusing on getting back on top with training this month! I’ve been out of the loop for a while with my interrail and island hopping, so I’m excited to get back to it. ✨
Leave a Reply